Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July, Birdie Style

Hey Y'all!
Here's what my family did for the 4th of July.
Okay, so the first thing I did was put together the perfect 4th of July outfit and makeup.

Here's the makeup.
I did a winged eyeliner with dark blue near the lashes and white on top, with neutral eyeshadow. Then I added a rosy natural looking blush, highlight, Stars of course! and a retro red lip (complete list of products below). This look as a patriotic, retro, 1950s, sailor feel to it.
 Here's a close up of the eye makeup.
 Then you need a Patriotic outfit. I hot glued Red, White, and Blue buttons (of various shapes, sizes, and styles) to the top, bottom and back of the shirt. Then I sewed Red and White grosgrain ribbon (in a stripe pattern), to the pocket. I also paired it with jean shorts, because denim is very American. I also wore Converse All-stars (low-tops) because they are also very American.
Here are the accessories. I wore my two Tiffany bracelets, Rose Gold watch from Target, and a studded bracelet from Target. I also wore my bullet earrings (which were made by a friend) because they are also... American.
 And you have to dress your fiancee in patriotic colors as well. This is Michael, grand-master firework technician, by the way.

Now, on to some food. First some frozen yogurt. This is Micah. Started out fine, then he got a brain-freeze.
Here's my "ice cream".


Now for some dinner. Everything has to be very American. You need: Coca-Cola, Lay's Classic Potato Chip, Baked beans (Recipe here ),  Potato Salad, Pickles, and...
 ...Cheese Burgers, with American Cheese! Time to Eat!
 Lastly, you need dessert. Apple or Cherry pie with vanilla ice cream is accepted, and preferred.

Now for Firework!
Started off with sparklers. We don't like the 10" metal sparklers, so we stuck them in the ground, and just watched them burn. Shelby, be older brother, loves sparklers (the longer "Morning Glory" ones made of paper). Then we moved on to bigger stuff. We had some mortars, but I didn't get pictures of them. 


 Happy 4th of July! I hope y'all had fun!
Love y'all!
-Birdie (and my family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment