Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Pencil Skirt Series: 1950 in Paris (Episode 2)

Hey Y'all!
Here's is the next episode of "The Pencil Skirt Series". I am so excited about this look. It is probably my favorite outfit of the series. It has that fun retro style, but in a more modern way. It as has that Parisian Chic vibe, but because of the colors, it doesn't have a dreary and neutral only look (not that there is anything wrong with that. I love neutrals). You could further dress up this look with a leather moto or bomber jacket, or make it more work appropriate with black shoes, and no beret. I think this look is really fresh and interesting. This look might take some gumption to wear, but it makes you feel really confident, and pretty.



I have really wide hips, small(ish) waist, an average bust, and small shoulders. I really like to wear striped tops and solid bottoms, because it broadens my shoulders and chest, and slims my hips. I also like that this skirt hits me right at my high waist, so it is also very slimming, and really defines my waist. Also, I'm wearing a long necklace. This elongates your upper body, which is good for me, because I have a very short upper body. Lastly, The hat, lipstick, and belt attract the focus where you want it: your face, your mouth (to get your boyfriend to listen to what your saying! HAHA!), and your teeny tiny waist.



 This first look is the one from the video. Gold beret: Target. Lipstick: Revlon Fire and Ice. Striped Shirt: Forever 21. Red Belt: Target. Black Pencil Skirt: Dillard's. Black Suede Wedges: Payless. Information on the other accessories is in the video.One note: I'm wearing a long necklace. This elongates your upper body, which is good for me, because I have a very short upper body.
In the video, I talked about paring this look with red shoes for even MORE drama. Red nails would be a must. Scarf: Gift. Shoes: Target. The rest of the outfit is the same as the first.

You could also pair this skirt with more simple tops, like a white button-down shirt, a simple blouse, or just a v-neck tee. This skirt is similar in function as the beige/camel, in that it can be worn more toned down, and professional, dressed up for a semi-formal event, or worn like if have if here with lots of DRAMATICNESS!

Again, Thanks guys for watching, and reading. The Episode 3 will air July 7th! I will post some more videos in the mean time. You can watch the whole series here.
-Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment