Sunday, July 22, 2012

OOTD: Striped Retro Shirt + Styling Tips



Hey Y'all!
This video was requested by lesinthecity. I also decided to show some other things I would wear with it, because I couldn't decide which to show in the video.


I showed this shirt in my Marchall's haul video. I love this top because the neckline is high in the front, and low in the back. It has a retro feel to it that I love, and it makes my narrow shoulders look broader (which, like I've said a hundred times, makes my hips look more proportionate to my body). This shirt was $12.99 at Marchall's, is a size medium, and was in the juniors section. This style of shirt is similar to ones that Audrey Hepburn, or Coco Chanel would wear.


I also thought I'd style this shirt a few different ways. Here are some examples.

This look is retro, chic, and great for school, outings, and gatherings. Striped top paired with pearls (Macy's), black high waisted denim shorts (Target), and fushia ruffly flats (Target).

This second look is great for cooler weather, and casual outings or gatherings. It would also be great for shopping, school, or traveling. Striped top paired with skinny jeans (Target), Ralph Lauren riding boots (Piperlime.com), and vintage skarf.

This is great for Church, dinner out, or a party. I like it because it has some interesting juxtapositions: conservative, but edgy/"fashionable"; classic, but trendy; elegant, but youthful. Striped top paired with yellow Rodarte for Target skirt, suede wedges (Payless), and Lauren Conrad for Kohl's necklace.

This look is great for summer. Is casual and comfortable. It also has a Bohemian feel to it, without looking like a "flower child" (which I try to avoid). Striped top paired with light wash denim shorts with lace detail (Target), Lauren Conrad for Kohl's necklace, and blue/gold shoes I got in Bulgaria.

This look is just fun. It's a little young for me, but it could be a great mall, vacation, or beach outfit. Striped top paired with same Lauren Conrad necklace, same fushia Target flats, and floral print shorts (Macy's).

This look is also chic. It's similar to one of the looks I did for "The Pencil Skirt Series". It's great for parties, dinner out, and the office if the skirt were less tight. Striped top paired with pencil skirt from Bar III (Macy's), pearl necklace (Macy's), and Material Girl hot pink heels (Macy's).  You can really see the low back of the shirt in the next photo

Here's a back view.



Here's the accessories. The first picture is accessories that I pretty much wore with each outfit. The second is the different necklaces/scarf(s). I also Included some other pictures of the different clothing from the outfits.





Shoes.

Closer look at the bottoms.

 These are some lipsticks that would look great with this top, or any of these outfits. I love my brights!
Really Red by Revlon (Matte)
Ruffian Red by Mac (limited edition; matte)
Viva Glam Gaga by Mac (lustre)

Funny Face by Nars (matte)
I hope y'all have enjoyed this. I know it's very heavy on the pictures, but I really wanted to share this with y'all. Love y'all!!!
-Birdie



No comments:

Post a Comment