Monday, July 9, 2012

The Pencil Skirt Series: Wedding/Semi-Formal Events (Episode 4)

Hey Y'all!
Here is the 4th episode of "The Pencil Skirt Series". Here's the video.

This look is really pretty. It's great for a party in the Spring or Summer time. It's great for semi-formal events such as a wedding, family gathering, dinner with friends, luncheons. I like it because the color is different. Usually pencil skirts come if basic neutral colors, and this is a nice light blue. I paired it with my Lauren Conrad necklace, cuff bracelets from The Current Custom, Anastasia necklace from JewelMint (don't join!), tree branch necklace from Nancy Nelson Jewelry (Etsy.com), tree branch earring from Red Sofa (Etsy.com), a hot pink belt worn as a headband (multitasking!), and hot pink shoes from Forever 21. This look can look too soft if you don't have some interesting element. I added the hot pink accessories as a pop of color to make it interesting. I like really really soft looks, so you could wear light pink flats, or even nude heels if you wanted. You could also make this look really retro or vintage by adding a 1950s hat, fascinator or flower to the hair.

 You can make this skirt look a little more hard, and "punky", I guess. This look also has an Olivia Newton-John in Grease, Cry Baby, bad-girl-1950s feel to it, that I kind of like. This type of wide v-neck shirt is great because, if you have narrow shoulders like me, it broadens your chest and gives you more of an hour-glass shape. Also because it is black, it is slimming. The belt is also nice, because it has that 1950 look, and it says, "Here is my waist! The slimmest part of my body!" The shoes are just black patent leather, t-strap sandel wedges. These are great summer shoes because they are sandals, and the can be worn dressy or casually. I wore the same jewelry, minus the Lauren Conrad necklace. Top is from Target, as is the wide belt. Shoes are from Payless. 


 Finally, this outfit is another variation of the Marilyn Monroe look. It as all the same elements as that outfit, with the white button-down top ($13, Forever 21), and nude wedges (Payless). I added a beige skinny belt to define my waist, and a lot of pearl and "diamond" a la Forever 21 jewelry.  This look is fun. It's sort of costumey, but I like it. I made me feel like a $100. CAUTION: If you wear this much faux diamond jewelry in one outfit, you are liable to get stared at. But don't worry, they think you look great!

 Okay, so that's in for this skirt. I hope you guys enjoyed reading, and looking at the pictures. The next and final episode (episode 5), will be up on Saturday. Yes you read that right. SATURDAY! I thought that since it was the last episode, I'd put it up on the weekend some more of you guys can see it.

If you want, you can watch all the episodes here. You can also check out/follow my Tumblr, if you like. I like to post pictures of looks or outfits, as well as random stuff, like quotes, fashion shows, etc.

Love y'all!
-Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment