Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Hair Tutorial (Twisty Bun)

Hey y'all!
I don't remember who, but I've had several of my subscribers asked me to do a summer hair tutorial. I was thinking about what I was going to do, and because it is so humid where I live, the only thing I really do with my hair in the summer is put it in a messy bun, or ponytail. So I thought I'd show you something that I do when my hair is really frizzy, and unmanageable. So how do you do this look? Well you can watch the video and find out...

I will add the video here once it is uploaded (watch some of my other videos till then!).

...And you can try to read my crumby step by step instructions:
Step 1: if you have bangs, twist them, and either pin them to the side, like I did, or straight back. They both look great, which ever you prefer.
Step 2: Section off the top half of the front of your hair, and twist (approximately) 2 inch sections straight back, and pin them. You can make it interesting by crossing them together and pinning them, as well as twisting some short and some long.
Step 3: Pull remaining hair into a ponytail, and twist into small bun.
Step 4: Pull twisted strands of hair around the bun, and pin.
And you're done! (Watch the video. It should make more sense) 

Here are some pictures of what the hair looked like, just in case it was hard to see in the video.

Top (Back View)
The Bun
Right Side
Top (Front View)
Left Side
Front

And this is what my hair looked like after I took it out of the twisty bun. This look is great for a party... or if you want to look like you just escaped from the insane asylum.

No comments:

Post a Comment