Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Pencil Skirt Series: Date Night (Episode 3)

Hey y'all!
How excited are y'all that I uploaded episode 3 early?!? I'll upload episode 4 on Monday as usual.

So one to this skirt. This skirt is by the brand Bar III, from Macy's. I really like this brand. I have several pieces from this line. They were fairly reasonably priced, because I got them on sale. This skirt is very stretchy, which is important, because it hugs my curves, and makes it easier to get on. It has some stitching detail on the princess seam line, and on the hips. It is also very high waisted, which I LOVE! Here' the video:

 I like this first look because it is very feminine, and a restrained sexy, but not over the top. It's perfect for a date, because it is girly, elegant, and fun at the same time. It also shows off my curves very well. The skirt is long, which makes my body and legs look longer. It is also high-waisted which, as I've said before, is perfect for my body type. I paired this skirt with a off-white top, that has asymmetrical ruffles. It also has a (moderately) low, scooped neckline. This is flattering for me, because it broadens my shoulders, and gives me an hour-glass figure. Lastly, I added a long pendant necklace (by Lauren Conrad from Kohl's), Chinese inspired dangle earrings, hot pink heels (by Material Girl from Macy's), and Nars Funny Face lipstick. The necklace elongates the upper body, the colorful earrings and bright lipstick bring the attention to the face, and the bright shoes add color to the outfit. You could also add a hot pink belt if you want (I couldn't find mine).
 For this look, I kept the same top, and added a maroon, wide brimmed, felt hat (from Target), a grey sheer scarf (from Walmart), and black suede wedges (from Payless). This look is dramatic... and I'm not really sure where you'd wear it, but it's fun non-the-less.
.

 This is the last look for this skirt. I just got this blouse from Target last week. I'm going to upload a haul featuring it soon. This nude top has a diamond shaped pattern, peter-pan collar, black buttons down the front, and is racer-backed. I like this top because it is really feminine, and pretty. This top is nice with this skirt, because it adds volume to the upper body, without making you look big. I paired it with some black and white (Chanel inspired!) flats from Payless. And again I'm wearing Funny Face lipstick by Nars (it's probably my favorite, go-to lipstick).
 Here's a better view of the top.
 Here's the accessories. Earrings from Charming Charlie's, Necklace by Anna Sheffield for Target, (Faux) Rose Gold watch from Target ($12!!!), and Sterling Silver and Rose Gold cuff bracelets from The Current Custom. The lipstick is Funny Face by Nars (It looks a little red in this picture, but it's really hot pink).
I hope y'all enjoyed this video and blog post. Let me know in the comments what you think. Also let me know if you'd like to see other looks featuring this skirt. The next episode will be up Monday, as usual.

Okay, so that's it for this skirt. I hope y'all enjoyed it. You can watch the whole Pencil Skirt Series here.

I also wanted to say thank you to my TWO blog followers. I love y'all! Thank you so much for following my blog. It's means the WORLD to me.
Love y'all!
-Birdie

1 comment: